Property Type: CottageThis cottage style accommodation is newly built and has a light and airy feel with retro 60s styling. It’s been highly insulated for winter warmth and summer cool.
Your holiday accommodation is entered from your private patio by french windows to a living room that glows with the late sun and is furnished with carefully restored, original sixties pieces. Ash flooring co-ordinates the entire ground floor. From the living room a short passageway with a feature stone wall leads past the tiled wet room to the delightful, south-facing kitchen diner, used by many of our guests as a second living room. The double bedroom is upstairs and has dormer and skylight windows facing east and west and a dramatic cathedral ceiling. The living room and bedroom windows overlook lovely gardens whilst the glazed wall of the kitchen looks over a sheltered shared courtyard, ideal for outdoor breakfasts and morning coffees when the sun is shining.
There is a sofa bed in the living room that can be used by additional guests for short periods (£5 per additional visitor per night).
Guests are welcome in the garden, they will find there is always a little spot catching the sun. Parents of young children are advised that there is a pond (with lots of frogs) in the garden and children in the garden should be supervised at all times.
All fuel is included in the price. Free wifi access
£345 - £550 per week
Holiday Cottage In Glasgow, Lanarkshire/Glasgow
Your holiday cottage is set in a quiet and safe corner of the vibrant and bohemian West End of Glasgow with its ample nightlife of bars, restaurants and clubs, independent shops, coffee bars, galleries and museums. This is an exclusive Victorian suburb, famous amongst architectural historians and part of the Glasgow West Conservation Area.
Just 5 minutes walk from a major transport interchange at Partick (underground/suburban rail/bus) where you can reach Glasgow City Centre within 10 minutes by rail and Loch Lomond within 30 minutes. There is also a direct bus to Glasgow Airport. Train to Edinburgh City Centre - allow 75 - 90 minutes out so taking in 3 or 4 events at the Edinburgh International Festival is totally possible.
Travel by Car:
With easy access to the major road network, we can offer free on-street parking and, by arrangement, off-street parking. You will find this a great touring base for Loch Lomond, the Trossachs, Clyde Coast and Edinburgh.
Cottage Details & Facilities
General / living area
- CD player
- Central heating
Retro styled west-facing living room with French windows and timber floor. Restored 60s vintage sofa bed, armchair, coffee table and lamps. TV with free sat, stereo system and DVD. Facing on to your own patio and looking over front garden. The sofa bed is great for 1 person but we would suggest its not used by 2 people for more than a night or two (though we are happy to provide additional air mattresses to increase comfort if you require.)
Kitchen / utility
- 4 ring hob
- Microwave oven
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Toilet paper provided
With south facing floor to ceiling windows looking onto a shared patio, this is a room that is not just functional but a lovely place to sit. Ercol kitchen table and chairs and sunburst clock continue the retro styling from the living room. . A bank of lime green kitchen units matches the retro styled blinds. Newly fitted out with a multi-function oven, hob, kettle, toaster and plenty of cooking utensils, you can happily cater for 4. (Try buying some lovely foodie treats from many of our local independent delicatessens and specialist shops full of Scottish goodies.)
Includes: Double beds (1), single beds (0), en-suite bath/shower rooms (0)
This is a lovely and light upstairs room with a cathedral ceiling and dormer and skylight windows providing light from front and rear. Carpeted for your comfort, its highly insulated so shouldn’t get too hot in summer or too cold in winter. There is a new double bed with extremely comfortable mattress and duvet. Retro (maybe even kitsch) wardrobe, chest and dressing table complete the furnishings here.
Includes: Bathrooms (1) of which en-suite (0). Shower (1) and WC (1)
Non slip vinyl floor and completely tiled walls make for an elegant black and white themed wet room with loo, wash hand basin and shower.
Included in the advertised rent
• All prices include heating, electricity, linen, towels and WIFI.
• Rents are based on occupancy by 2 people. A welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk & fruit is provided.
• We offer a discount of £50 for second and subsequent weeks.
Not included in the advertised rent
• We charge £150 deposit against major damage - which we define as anything that requires us to reduce rent or cancel bookings for incoming guests or which involves us in major repair or cleaning. This is payable on the date of your arrival (or before your departure from home if you wish to pay by credit card) and repayable on the day of departure. We certainly won't charge anyone for the odd broken glass or plate or normal cleaning.
• An additional £5 per night per additional person (above 2) is payable.
• Additional shopping can be accommodated at cost.
To book your holiday
• Contact us with your required dates and Paypal contact details (if you have an account) and we will make a provisional booking and issue an invoice for the non-returnable 25% deposit. (You can use Paypal for all credit card payments and do not need an account. Payment by cheque is also possible).
• You have 7 days from issue of the invoice to make the deposit payment. .
• On receipt of the deposit payment, we will confirm your booking.
• Final payment is due 28 days before arrival. Again we will invoice you.
Rental rates £345 - £550 per week
Not available / booked
For more details